Alabama's Annual Water Taste Test Competition
Do you have the best tasting drinking water in Alabama? Put it to the test! Each year, we select three judges to conduct a blind taste test of many samples from water systems in Alabama to determine who can raise their glass as the best! Winner will not only get signage and bragging rights, but also the opportunity to join us in Washington D.C. to compete in the national drinking water taste test to determine the best tasting drinking water in the country! What an honor!!!
A Note About Samples:
It is important that you submit your interest in submitting a sample to us as early as possible. Your system must be verified as being in compliance with all ADEM regulations concerning water quality prior to entry into the competition.
- Pre-register for the Water Taste Test on the Conference Registration Form and mail or FAX to the Alabama Rural Water Association.
- Upon arriving in Montgomery, register your one gallon sample with the Registration Desk. The Water Samples will be refrigerated by the ARWA until the Taste Test, Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at 11:30 a.m. during the Rural Water Country Luncheon which will be held in the Exhibit Hall.
- Please have the one gallon glass container of water labeled with your Utility Name on the BOTTOM
- Please have your water sample chilled in a small labeled cooler. Please no large coolers as space will not allow. All coolers must be picked up by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday from the Water Taste Test Stage area in the Exhibit Hall.
- System must meet ADEM approval having no violations of bacteriological or chemical monitoring prior to the Taste Test.
A panel of judges will be selected to choose the winners. Judges will consider:
Preliminary Judging will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 21st. Six finalist will be selected for final judging during the Rural Water Country Luncheon Tuesday, March 21st at 11:30 a.m. A 1st place and 2nd place winner will be selected. If the 1st place winner fails to notify the ARWA by December 1, 2023 of their representative who plans to participate in the National Drinking Water Taste Test, the 2nd place winner will be given the opportunity to participate.
First Place Prizes:
- One round trip airline ticket to Washington, D.C. to compete in the National Drinking Water Taste Test February 2024. All other expenses are the responsibility of the Utility. The Utility must provide to the ARWA by December 1, 2023 the name of the utility representative planning to travel to D.C. to participate in the National Taste Test.
- News release article in the ARWA quarterly magazine, “The Waterline”.
- Taste Test Winner Sign
Runner Up Prizes:
- Taste Test 2nd Place Sign
- If the 1st Place winner forfeits the National Taste Test opportunity, the 2nd Place Winner may participate. If the 1st place winner fails to notify the ARWA by December 1, 2023 of their representative who plans to participate in the National Drinking Water Taste Test, the 2nd place winner will be given the opportunity to participate.